Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gina Keidel: Two PRs today!

Junior Gina Keidel missed a lot of her sophomore season due to injury. This year she is healthy and expecting big things.

KXC: You had a pretty good meet at the Woodlands, how did you feel about your race?

Gina: Honestly I was extremely dissapointed in myself. Seeing as last week I was 7 seconds faster. I just hope I do better at Mayde Creek.

KXC: Now that we know where you are, what is your goal time for Myde Creek?

Gina: Considering my time this morning and where I was last year on my birthday (Sept. 8th) my goal time is 15:00.

KXC: What would you have been happy with at this time tlast year?

Gina: I was happy with my time last year on September 8th, 15:08 (Lamar Consolidated).

KXC: This morning you PR'ed for the first two miles of a six mile run, tell us how that felt.

Gina: It was amazing, I looked down at my watch and saw what my time was for my 1/2 mile, mile and mile and a half and I completely shocked myself.

KXC: What is your favorite movie?

Gina: It's a tie between "My Girl" and "Run Like Hell."

KXC: What's your view on the team sacrifice?

Gina: I've always been putting off excluding junk food but never actually did it. This gives me a lot of motivation to stay away from the foods that hinder my performance.

KXC: What is your favorite workout?

Gina: 300, because I want a 6-pack!

KXC: What's your favorite food?

Gina: Organic, because as this girls says in my chemistry class "it makes you feel all clean and healthy, like you just took a shower, but on the inside."

KXC: Thanks Gina, good luck on Saturday, I'm sure you'll run under 14:30.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter